DDI Index runs on a Java/Java Server Pages server such as Apache Tomcat or JBoss. Users access the application via a standard web browser.
Some of the features of DDI Index include:
- Users can search and browse a hierachical data catalogue
- Word stemming - a search for "ageing" matches "ageing", "aging", "aged" and "age"
- Synonym matching - a search for "gender" matches "gender" and "sex"
- Thesaurus creation on certain fields during indexing - users can select from the thesaurus when searching the field
- Most popular datasets list
- Saved searches
- Filter results by dataset
If you would like to see DDI Index running go to http://search.ada.edu.au/ .
DDI Index should work with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 6.0+
- Firefox version 1.5+
- Opera version 9+
- Safari version 2+
Download DDI Index
Download Latest DDI Index Bundle
- Enhanced release with Bookmarking, Authorised Download and OpenID Integration.
Download Latest JOID War
- OpenID war file for use with version 1.05 of the DDI Index.
Download Previous DDI Index Bundle
- Maintenance release with an Improved Interface.
Download Original DDI Index Bundle
- The original standalone version.